|Publication: Beyond Valor|
|Location: Sestroretsk Road, Terijoki, Finland|
|Scenario Date: 2 September 1941|
|# of Turns: 7|
|# of Maps: 1|
|Maps Used: 21|
The Continuation War, or War of Continuation, lasted from June 25, 1941, until September 19, 1944, and is the second of two wars fought between Finland and the Soviet Union during World War II.
The Continuation War was so-named in Finland — already during the war itself — to make clear its relationship to the Winter War (November 30 1939, to March 12 1940). The Soviet Union, however, perceived the war merely as one of the fronts of the "Great Patriotic War" against Nazi Germany and its allies. Likewise, Germany saw its own operations in the region as a part of its overall war efforts of World War II.
The United Kingdom declared war on Finland on December 6 1941, but did not participate actively in the Continuation War. Nazi Germany took part by providing critical material support and military cooperation to Finland. The USA did not fight or declare war against either party, but it was in the process of sending much assistance to the Soviet Union, officially meant for the Soviet war efforts against Germany.
The formal conclusion for the Continuation War was ratified by the Paris Peace Treaties of 1947.
Source: Continuation War on Wikipedia
- Scenario 1 in Beyond Valor
The Finn must exit more units than the Russian
- Commander's Notebook in View From The Trenches 1
- Matt Shostak in Banzai!! 2.2
- Pete Palmer and John Knowles. Original Link on Coastalfortress no longer available. ASL.NET provides Local Download
- Tom Raymo on BoardGameGeek
After Action Reports
- Example of Play, by Tom Repetti Original Download or Local Download
- Ted Bleck vs. Cubi Manolo Geocities
- Jacques Cuneo vs. Dave on Aslwebdex
- Snapshots, by taku9113 on Flickr